From 6 June 2022, cars will be able to circulate along the road “SS 163 Amalfitana” according to the number plate (even or odd).
The road includes the municipalities of Positano, Praiano, Conca dei Marini, Amalfi, Atrani, Ravello, Minori, Maiori, Cetara and Vietri sul Mare. There are no alternative ways to reach Amalfi by car.
The regulation is contained in the Anas ordinance 337/2019 which establishes a ban on transit from 10:00 to 18:00:
– on odd days of the month for cars with a number plate with the last odd number
– on even days of the month for cars with plates with the last even number
The limitations are foreseen:
- Saturday and Sunday
– from June 15th 2022 and July 31st 2022
– from September 1st 2022 and September 31st 2022
- every day
– from August 1st 2022 and August 31st 2022
- throughout the Holy Week including Easter Monday
- every day from April 24th to May 2nd included
The transit ban does not apply to:
- residents in the 13 municipalities of the Amalfi Coast
- vehicles for H badge holders as long as they are present on board
- taxi and n.c.c.
- emergency vehicles and police forces